So, since my last update, things have continued on as usual. But here's a few highlights:
1) I ate at my first sushi restaurant here, and it was quite delightful. It wasn't quite the same as I'm used to back home, but still delicious. They loved to add tempura flakes to all the rolls (cough cough Winter Roll Niki!) and they were kinda stingy with the wasabi. On the plus side, the three of us (Me, Holli, and Fliss.. of course) ordered a platter for 24,000 Won and we couldn't even finish it. That's 3 hungry girls, sushi, and about $22 bucks and it filled us to the brim. I LOVE KOREA.
2) Every weekend I seem to meet more and more awesome people, and very rarely do I meet a dud. On the downside, for the majority of the weekday I chill in my apartment, watch bad TV, eat random food from random restaurants by myself, and generally just soak up A LOT of alone time. I can't decide if this is awesome or awful. Luckily I always have Tuesday night cards to get me out of the house.
3) I've finally seen the dark side of Korea. I know before I came here I was warned by people who knew absolutely nothing about South Korea that I should be careful over here, it isn't safe like the US! Now I know, they were right! Last Saturday me and my lady friends had yet another lovely night on the town. This time we dressed up especially cute, put on our fancy shoes and fancy hair and went to eat our beloved BBQ. We got to the restaurant, took off our shoes, and proceeded to the nearest table/bbq pit and enjoyed what I thought was a lovely dinner. That was, until our way out.... We paid the bill, headed towards the front, and BAM there it was (or should I say, wasn't!) Someone stole Fliss's shoes! What kinda bastard does something like that to a girl on a Saturday night?! Obviously those shoes were essential to her outfit, they were cute high heels! We looked, and looked, and looked.. but it was true. Someone stole her shoes. As terrible as I'm going to sound, I was just glad it wasn't me. My shoe size doesn't exist in Korea, and my shoes were like 10 times more expensive than hers, so I would have really been shit outta luck. Fortunately, being that it is Korea and they love their fashion, we were able to find a shoe store, at midnight, that was still open with a pair of super cute heels for only 20,000 Won. Whew!
So, as you can see, there's a reason I haven't written much lately. My life hasn't been very eventful. But just you wait, the Lunar New Year is coming up this weekend. Although I've never experienced this celebration, it's supposed to be quite a big deal. We get Monday off so what better to do than get out of the city and go to... another city. Out of convenience and lack of preplanning/money we are going back to Busan. I'm not complaining though, any excuse to see the ocean makes me happy. Plus, there's plenty more there we have yet to explore. I think the only real agenda we have is hitting up the taco place and drinking Margaritas, so it should be just fine.
Anyways, all of this talk of food is making me hungry. Time to get out of the house and try some more random food. Bye!

Comments
No response to “Two Months Down!”
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment |
Post a Comment