As usual, plans I made fell through this weekend. But, going to Boseong to see the tea lights can be done anytime this month and some of next month too. So I shall survive. So here's what I did instead:
Friday night was calm, just how I like it. I came home, retreated to my freshly internet connected laptop and downloaded the newest episodes of Modern Family, along with the movies True Grit and The Fighter. All of which were highly entertaining both Friday night and Sunday evening. I also managed to come across some more Kindle Books to add to my huge selection that I will never finish, but at least I have the option! Especially since we have a million hour lay over before arriving in Hong Kong.
Saturday morning was also relaxing, I woke up, started my coffee IV, and finally put the finishing cleaning touch on our apartment. I'm proud to say it's almost completely ready for picture time. Though we are still lacking in a handful of furniture.
After a while I was informed that we would be having lunch with my director around 1 so I hopped in the shower and was out the door as soon as I got a call from her. Well, it wasn't actually her, but her niece Amelia who just said, "Molly teacher, fast fast, cold!" She was right, by the time we made it to the main gate of our complex I was frozen. We had to walk a few minutes with Andy and Amelia guiding us with their broken English through the neighborhood. The stares were in full effect, and it didn't help that I was wearing my newly acquired raccoon head hat (which Dom is wearing in the pictures below).
We finally made it to their apartment and we were greeted by her family, which I've come to know well, even with our language barrier, and I got a first glimpse at the two new babies, Shi-hya and Shi-hyun. They are Shi-ho's twin sisters (gotta love the crazy names), and damn they're cute. I swear this woman is one cute-baby making machine! Shi-ho was busy eating his Ice cream before lunch, persistent that I try a bite on his slobber filled spoon. I politely declined and attempted to converse with Andy, the best English speaking child there. Unfortunately, he had forgotten English on that day and was hit with the shy stick, something I sometimes wish I could smack him with while in class.
Amelia, Andy, and the Twins
After spending some time baby oogling we were ready to eat. Boiled Ribs with sweet potato noodles, carrots, a delicious sauce, some rice cakes and rice. Very tasty and especially delicious since I had nothing but a pot of coffee all day.
After about two hours of chatting and eating Fliss and I headed for downtown to get our hair cut. We both had got our hair cut not too long ago, but it was time for both of us to take a big chunk off, and just say "no" to dead ends. So, a handful of hair later, we came out with our new stylin' do's. This of course called for a night on the town to show off these bobs, that, and it was Saturday and we all know how I roll.
So, by 6pm Kelsey, Fliss, Kaisa, and I were headed back to my house for a few drinks. Six more ladies and a few drinks later we were knee deep in girlish giggles getting ready to leave for our big meal: Mexican. I personally have made a handful of attempts to eat at the local (and only) Mexican restaurant in Gwangju and have persistently came out empty handed (and empty bellied). This time it was a success. Unfortunately, since our luck has been especially bad there, we were blessed with no working heat for the first hour we were there and a handful of people had cold food. But I had a nice, luke warm chicken burrito that satisfied my Mexican craving. I suppose anything would after the amount of Margarita's I had had by then.

Emilie taking a picture of us in my kitchen

Gettin' our Mexican on
Around 11 we headed to Speakeasy's 5 year Birthday Bash where the mayhem ensued and eventually ended up going to a Korean dance Club. The night was lovely minus the fact that I was the tallest, most foot hurting woman alive due to my fancy new boots.
At House Dance Club
By some random late hour I made it home, and spent Sunday doing what I do best: nothing. Felicity is much more proactive about feeding herself during a hangover, while I just sit and moan in my apartment, so she was able to pick me up some delicious food.
The week has started off just fine, besides being a bit too tired from the weekend still. Looking forward to next weekend, it's Dom's sledding Bday bash and my favorite duck restaurant. Life is good.







Comments
No response to “Mexican, Margaritas, and Me!”
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment |
Post a Comment