"Where am I?"
"What happened last night?"
"Ugh."
That was the general consensus on Friday morning. Luckily, I have a sparkling memory and was able to inform my cohorts of their ridiculousness the night before. We also had a handful of pictures to document the night, not to mention Fliss' ridiculously dirty post kebab shirt.
But I'll try to make this day sound about as interesting as possible. Sadly, nothing could have been done to cheer this group up. Fliss had a few pukes, I was deathly hung over, and Em had a monthly visitor on top of a slight hang over. We were not a happy group of gals. However, we somehow made it out of the house around 2pm on a mission for food. Thai food to be exact. Luckily we were in Hong Kong where food of every variety was plentiful. We simply went on a two minute walk, ran across another out door patio, and plopped down. On top of the food being delicious, the sparkling water was a gift from God. For some reason Korean's don't believe in this magical beverage so I managed to consume as much as possible whilst in Hong Kong. What I didn't try to consume was the free desert the restaurant gave us. Apparently it was some special New Years pudding/jello that should be eaten for good luck. The consistency was unbearable and the flavor was mildly upsetting. As you can see by looking at it, "tasty" isn't an adjective I'd use to describe it.
After lunch Fliss opted to return for a little rest and Emilie and I walked around our neighborhood exploring all the little designer shops. The clothes came with sizes and price tags far outside of my range but it was still fun to see the different styles of Hong Kong. We went into stores that I've never even seen in Minnesota and window shopped at Louis Vutton, Vivian Westwood, Marc Jacobs, and Chanel to name a few. I still will never be able to grasp how people can spend so much money on clothes and bags. Maybe one day when I'm rich I'll understand...
By the time we met back up with Fliss, Emilie and I were ready for a little relax time. So a few hours later we finally headed out to Kowloon to see the Chinese New Year fireworks display. Once again we were surrounded by a mass of people. We were starting to get used to this cluster fuck.
After the fireworks we headed to one of the main bar/restaurant districts and contemplated what delicious dish to eat next. Mexican it was. The restaurant was a bit small but colored in the lovely deep yellows and reds that I have painted my own apartments plenty of times. On the down side the Paella I ate just wasn't that great. Massive amounts of sparkling water made up for it though. By the time we finished it was nearly 11pm and bed time was in order to prepare for our biggest day yet.
Saturday: We woke up bright and early and left the house by 9am. Our first mission was food and we thought the traditional Dim Sum would be a great start. We hopped on the Subway for the millionth time and headed to Kowloon again. We had planned to go to a very famous Dim Sum restaurant but being the Chinese New Year, it was closed. Who woulda thought? We walked around and it seemed like most places were closed, except this cute little out door shack noodle restaurant. We plopped down with three other Chinese people at a small plastic table and all ordered the meatball and noodle soup. It was a bit bland so Emilie grabbed the Chili oil, and then spilled it all over herself and the table. Surprisingly it turns out Chili oil is great for making your hands super soft!
We cleaned up, and eventually left for our first mission: The Giant Buddha. We had to walk down to the harbor and hitch a ferry over to Lantau Island. Once we arrived there we took another bus to the area where the temples and Giant Buddha were. Basically we spent a few hours wandering around, trying a few foods, observing the people doing their Buddha worshiping, and taking in the final day of the amazing weather.
Alright, I'm not going to lie, this blog has taken forever to finally write again and actually, I don't feel like typing. So, for the sake of me writing more blogs when more eventful stuff comes up, I'm going to just redirect you to Emilie's interpretation of the remaining of the trip, and I'll post some pictures, and try not to be so winded on my first half so I can finish a second half. Who knows, maybe I will some day...
Go here

Comments
No response to “Hong Kong - Friday & Saturday”
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment |
Post a Comment