So it begins.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009


After literally spending years dreaming about traveling abroad to teach English it's finally happening. As many people know my original dream was to head to Japan and try my luck there, but as my finances got worse and worse back home that dream faded. I've always read about South Korea and the great pay and amenities their schools offered and now I'm in all the way.

In the last week I've finished my application process, taken my picture and made a video to introduce myself (hence the picture on the right), been set up with a school, put in my 30 day notice for my apartment, mentally given away all of my stuff, and of course had a blast celebrating Halloween. I have my interview with the school that already wants to hire me tonight via Skype and then I have to wait for my transcripts and criminal record check to come to do the paperwork and head out!

A little bit more about my possible job... I'd be teaching English in Gwangju, it is Korea's 6th largest city in the Southwest region and has about one and a half million people. I'd work from 2-10 everyday (way different than my 7-5 here) and make 2.3 million Won which is right now at 1,948.165 USD. I'm basically taking a pay cut by about 100 dollars a month but I'm going to have my housing paid for and the cost of living is wayyy cheaper than it is in America. Even Gwangju will be cheaper than in Seoul.

I have to actually go do work at the job I still have now though. I'll keep everyone updated!

Comments

No response to “So it begins.”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Mobile Molly. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger