Almost done with Busan and my first Noraebang!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just wanted to get a final recap on the trip. We went to the UN memorial cemetery which of course was depressing but also very interesting. I took a video of what it looks like there in the middle of the city on a hill.

they had many countries flags waving and I figured I'd take a picture of the American flag and be a little patriotic. Obviously when you're in a foreign country you can't help but feel a little more patriotic and nostalgic about your homeland. Also, there hundreds and hundreds of people who died from just Minnesota alone. Most of the people who died from the United States were repatriated but I found one who was actually buried there.


All in all it was a good trip (though we ended on a depressing note) and we got tons of touristy things done. We also saw the Busan Historical Museum but I don't have any pictures of that. I plan to have a handful of trips planned for the next few months because we are doing a sober/weightloss challenge and we will have more than enough time and money on the weekends now to do such things. I think first is a trip to Jeonju to visit a friend who recently moved there, then I'd like to go to Mokpo and get a glimpse of the sea. Coming from Minnesota I find that any chance I can get to be by an Ocean I'm going to go for. Before you know it it's going to be spring too! It's been so nice here! Some days have seriously been like 65 degrees F.

On to more exciting news, I found clothes and shoes! Granted, I found the dress in a maternity store (lol) but it looks great and its super cool. I also found shoes at a second hand store that imports from Japan (I think) and they are AWESOME as well. It's exciting to know that I won't be living in the same clothes for the next 1o months.

Also, I finally took part in a Noraebong! This, my friends, is an invention from the Gods. You go with a group of people to a pretty decent size room with strobe lights and a TV and you sing Karaoke all night long. My first attempt was last Wednesday. I truly exhausted myself that night, but the excitement of losing my Noraebong virginity kept me singing till the wee hours of the night (on a school night too! gasps) Here's a few photo's people took with Rupsha's camera.

We were just starting and deciding on the songs:
Here we have the American girls singing one of many cheesy songs sang that night.
Beer, Soju, and Noraebang.. Oh how I will miss you for the next 2 months!

Luckily, I got to go out with a bang this last Saturday.
We celebrated Euna's moving to Australia and Lindsay and Whit's (my recruiters) arrival back in Gwangju.
First was a lovely dinner and thankfully Lindsay had her awesome camera (and skills) to taking them myself.
And on the other side of the table was Adam, Whit, Chris, and Lucy.
As usual Holli and Fliss were there but for once I'm lacking in pictures of them!
And a little Norabong love with me and Euna:

And of course, everyone is getting their jam on. We have a duet with Rupsha and Adam here:
Sorry for the mess up in fonts.
I can't figure this out and I'm done.
Bye Bye.

Comments

One response to “Almost done with Busan and my first Noraebang!”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

i molly, this is completely random i know, but i was surfing for some info on isponge in gwangju... i'll be there in a cpl of weeks and was wondering if that was the school you taught at?
my name is dominique and i have my own blog "that's what she said" wreckingballofsingledom.blogspot.com
you can reach me at dommacoluch@hotmail.com
i would love any helpful insight!
take care
-dominique

Post a Comment

 
Mobile Molly. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger