So, I've been living in Gwangju since mid December and I'm getting a little sick of the never ending gloomy days. Recently they have been more than just gloomy, but a straight up down pour every day! This has forced me to realize how dangerous Korea really is. You see, the rain means umbrellas everywhere, and umbrellas everywhere means Molly gets poked in the eye, chin, and face all the time. They could really do some damage to my face if I wasn't so careful! Oh well, I've been assured that the summers are amazing and hopefully straightening my hair won't be a continuously pointless endeavor.
Do you see this mayhem???
Not much else is new since my last update, which is probably why I haven't updated. We did actually have one lovely day and I got to take my kids out for a little outside time at the nearby playground. I happened to have my camera on me so I took a few pictures of the neighborhood and the little ones.
Below is the view from the playground, my apartment is a few blocks down to the left. You can't see it, but you get the jist.


I was also lucky enough to take part in an 80's party at the local watering hole, and let me tell you it was quite the shit show. My initial reaction to the idea of dressing up 80's was "Where the hell am I going to find any clothes that fit me?" However, since the Korean female population prides themselves in dressing super funky all the time, I was not only able to find my size, but a lovely array of accessories and bright blue leggings to ensure that I was 80's to the max. Here's a little excerpt of the night. However, I'm most jealous of Sara and her Minnesota shirt she found (and then cut up).
I've also come to realize that I pretty much have the most regulated schedule EVER here. M-F work 9:30-5:30, maybe go out to dinner once a week. Friday stay home, Saturday get ready at Fliss' and go out. Sundays I walk my hung over ass around downtown, eat lots of delicious food, shop, and see a movie. Speaking of which, Shutter Island is like the best movie I've seen in a LONG ass time. I would HIGHLY recommend it.
Oh, and another big highlight, Sponge Time. We got to learn about the word "Waxy" which my school decided would be best exemplified by putting hair wax in small children's hair. Needless to say, this was the highlight of that day.

Comments
No response to “Rainy Days”
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment |
Post a Comment