So, as you may or may not remember, I came to Korea about seven months ago through a process I’d like to call a living hell. Quick recap:
Left my home in Minneapolis 4:00am Central Time on a Monday. Flight delayed due to..dun.dun.dun. SNOW! (Who would have though in Minnesota?) Then I subsequently missed my flight from Denver to Seattle, which caused me to miss my flight from Seattle to Korea. So, I made it to Seattle, cried, and got put in a hotel for the night. Then went from Seattle to Japan, hung out there for a few hours, then Japan to Korea, where I had to sleep on chairs at the airport, then finally take a bus to Gwangju and arrived in Gwangju around noon on Thursday. Yes. It was hell. After that, I was ready for anything.
Or so I thought. This trip has been a bit of hell as well. I got four hours of sleep before waking up to catch the 5:20am bus to the airport, got on the noon flight to Munich, made it to Munich 12 odd hours later. Waited around Munich during what should have been my sleeping time. Finally boarded, to find out that we had to sit there for a good hour before heading to Copenhagen. As you can guess, that made me miss my final flight from Copenhagen to Gothenburg. By the time we arrived, it was midnight local time, and 8am Korea time, so I was exhausted and sleepless for about the last 28 hours. Finally they rescheduled my flight to the next morning, and I was put up in a ghetto ass hotel. You’d think sleep would be effortless with such a lack, but nope, it was rough, really rough. I am now a good 36 hours deep with maybe 3 hours of sleep (not counting the day before with such terrible sleep as well) and I’m impatiently waiting to get the fuck to Sweden.
Here's a picture of the view from my seat
Besides that, nothing too interesting has happened in my travels (I haven't landed in Sweden yet). I just paid 14 USD for a sandwich and a coffee at the airport. I also ate a sandwich in Germany. Basically I’m going to be eating many, many sandwiches with real cheese and tasty meats. The long flight over wasn’t so bad either, I think I would have been complaint-less if I just would have made all of my flights. I’ve also observed that everyone working in the airports I’ve been in are like trilingual. It makes me want to be fluent in another language, but that will never happen. I’ve also realized that English is a big player in global languages and I’m luckily it’s my native language, because traveling would be a bitch if I only spoke some random language. It also kind of puts in perspective why so many people in Korea want to learn English, because who speaks Korean outside of Korea? No one. Alright, I’m going to go find my gate and get the hell out of here. Bye Bye.

Comments
No response to “My Travel Bug is Sick”
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment |
Post a Comment