I'm becoming a farmer

Monday, September 6, 2010

No, seriously I think I could do it. Minus the crazy temperature and hard labor and stuff. I basically am just really good at eating whatever I manage to pick. Anyways, last Friday we had a field trip, and it was quite fun as usual. We were going out to Damyang again, a close by town where my director lives, to pick grapes. As you may recall I've already done some strawberry picking and even picked some watermelons! This field trip was a bit shorter than the last because basically you just cut off a group of grapes (or two) and that was the extent of it. So I played photographer and took a million pictures of the kids and my coworker and managed to sweat my ass off. Have a look:







After the picking we came back to the school and I had a very relaxing day. I think all together I worked 2 or 3 classes and then messed around on the internet. Now that I don't have my own functional computer at home my time at work has been less productive. Woops. I have actually been doing a bit of research on something Felicity and I are talking about possibly doing in 2012. Basically a 4 month travel across Africa. If you're interested in it take a look here: http://www.africantrails.co.uk

I just would really have to practice being okay with being dirty and smelly for 4 months. I think the only reason I really really want to do it is because it's something I think I would NEVER ever want to do (originally) or think about doing, or be able to do it. It's the challenge that makes it exciting, yanno? Who knows though, I could be all talk. Plus, I need to really start saving more money if I'm going to do that.

In other news, I'm getting really excited to visit home in a few months. I know I'm not ready to move back home, but I want to see some faces and take part in the Holiday season with friends and family. I also found out that a friend from Minnesota is moving to Korea and most likely Gwangju, so that will be exciting to show off all the great stuff of Gwangju to someone new SINCE NONE OF MY FRIENDS HAVE CAME TO VISIT COUGH COUGH.

I'm still patiently waiting for my one week vacation Sept 20-24th. As I said before I'm going to Jeju Island with my girls and am totally excited. I'm lucky I have friends who are good at planning shit, because otherwise I'd probably just sit on the beach all day. It also looks like the weather will still be quite stunning then so that's even more exciting! Anyways, I have to go do some work. I won't be making an America calls any time soon, but you can always get my number on Facebook and give me a call for like a cent a minute through Skype! Bye bye!

Comments

No response to “I'm becoming a farmer”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Mobile Molly. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger