The Gwangju Scavenger Hunt

Monday, April 25, 2011

So, yet again it's been another month since my last update. What can I say? I'm a boring gal. The biggest news is probably my school. We finally moved into a sparkling new building about the same distance from my apartment. The school has just been remodeled and it looks great. It is a bit smaller than our previously small school, but we only have a few students anyways. My work times have changed a bit lately too, now it's 10:20-6:20 and I can't complain. Most evenings have been spent going to the gym or watching endlessly large amounts of bad television. I haven't played the guitar much or studied Korean. I think my mind is only allowed one extracurricular activity at a time or else I just explode. I keep trying to wake up early and do Yoga, but the idea of being able to sleep longer, even if I'm not tired is too enticing. And this is why I must always have a morning job.

This weekend was a goodun' though. Well, I at least took pictures and lets face it, looking at my pretty face is what keeps you 4 readers coming back. No really though, there are a few good shots around the city because this weekend we did the Gwangju Scavenger Hunt. I wasn't too sure what exactly it entailed besides having a team of 5, a team name, and some kind of run around the city looking for shit. It turns out we had to look for places around the city and take pictures of ourselves in it. So around 1pm the "Gwangju Raiders" consisting of Fliss, Emilie, Skip, Andrew, and I set out to win! Actually, I lie. We set out to have a nice stroll around while we watched everyone running hysterically to win, including our close friends and opposing team, "Team Fighting." Because let's face it, we are not the most motivated bunch, even if there is $500 bucks involved. Some of the clues were easy, some were hard. We had to look for some main monuments, or take certain styles of pictures, or pictures with things found around the city. Within about 5 minutes of the start time the team made a joint decision to stop at a corner store and buy beer. And this is why our team was awesome. Here is a few examples of what we did:


This was near the end, we thought there was something about a picture with a fish... maybe?
Also some kind of clue about looking at a map, also probably wrong.
A pagoda in the city, Charlie's angels style.

The statue of liberty, just tilt your head to the side.
We found bamboo!
Abbey Road style pic across the river.
The wedding couple dressed in all white, senior picture style.
One of the many bridges
All of us had to squeeze into a phone booth, one of many throughout the city. They actually work too!
That random red old school car by the wedding place?
And this was the beginning, while we were still bright eyed and bushy tailed.


Afterwards both teams were starving so we set out to find a bite to eat, preferably outside while the weather was still nice. Unfortunately the outdoor upper level patio we found was shaded, and in a pretty bad wind tunnel so most of the people froze. Being that I'm from Minnesota and was wearing a sweater I was fine, but as you can see the Southern boys didn't do so well:

Lovely Erica, on the opposing team, posing with her blanket cuz she was so cold.
Emily had one too many to drink by the time she hit her second beer.
Skip was cold, so I let him use my orange shirt as turban, obviously.

After dinner the group decided to take a stroll by down the dirty ass river and bull shit and have some more beer. Walking towards the river we randomly ran into Kelsey so she joined our group as we discussed pressing matters, like which K-Pop group was the best/worst.

Krish and the boys sitting by the river, contemplating the events of the day.
Oh smelly water, how we enjoyed sitting near you..
Dear Kids, don't drink the water!
Kelsey found us and I took a picture!

By the time our group was ready to leave it was only about 6pm. But we were all half buzzed and ready for some karaoke, so German bar it was! Us and another group of foreigners took over the mic for a good two hours before heading over to Speakeasy for some pool. The rest of the night was a singing, drinking mess as always. I'll spare you the details, though I'm not sure that I know them...

And in the next episode of drunken shit Molly does in Korea: Camping at Biguemdo on the first of May and very soon we will have Berlin/Moscow/Sweden! HOORAY

Comments

No response to “The Gwangju Scavenger Hunt”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Mobile Molly. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger