Hello, Hello, Helllllo How are you?

Friday, January 29, 2010

Normally people would have an array of current, popular music playing in their head, but not me. I have found that my days are frequently plagued with the ever so enchanting "One Little Finger", "How's the Weather?" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider". The saddest part about this is that I actually LOVE Song & Chant time (this is under the pretense that I've gotten a full nights sleep however). I mean, we sit there, do hand motions, sing terribly as a group, fumble around, and are generally giggly. I figure the reason I like it so much is because it's a lot like doing Karaoke. I'm the terrible singer everyone's watching, and the children are all the drunk people. They slur their words, run into things, fall frequently, and sometimes hit each other. It makes perfect sense! AND I don't even have to have a drink to loosen up, they love my voice regardless!

Speaking of loving me, I'm sure everyone reading this has at least that in common (or you're some poor fool who has randomly ran across this blog without me guiding you directly to it) but the kids also love me. It's like I'm a God! Who can blame them though? I'm probably the tallest woman they've ever seen. I'm actually quite nice and friendly, and they get away with saying whatever they want to me because I can't understand them. They will probably start soon because I am starting to understand! Today I had to read them a book (which is pointless because they can't understand me hardly at all) and then the co-teacher read them a book in Korean. Then in Korean she asked if they liked her book (which I understood) and they all said yes, then she asked if they liked my book, and they all said no. Then they realized that I could understand and were kinda dumbfounded. I guess all my Korean studying is paying off! I'm kidding, I still don't know shit. But for some reason my friend Holli was lost in a cab the other day and she seriously called me up and told me to talk to the driver. I was like... WHAT? It worked though. Only because I just had to tell him to go downtown which is essentially one of two places I know how to direct a cab to (the first, of course, being my own house).

In other news, I'm starting to feel the slightest bout of homesickness. It's really not that strong, but it actually started when I skyped my friend Annie who has lived in Sweden over a year and saw her and talked to her for like 3 hours. Even though she's not even in Minnesota it just made me miss being able to see all my old friends. I do hope that when I come back everyone still is there for me and is happy to see me.

Anyways, I am for real going to clean my apartment tonight before going to dinner. I hope, I think. It's so small and gets dirty so easily and it's probably so easy to clean but I just don't want to! Argh...

Comments

No response to “Hello, Hello, Helllllo How are you?”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Mobile Molly. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger