Mostly because I've been particularly busy doing normal socializing that's not worth writing home about. First things first, I've finally got my work scheduled tweaked to perfection, well almost. I get to work at 9:30 and leave at 5:30 which is about 10x better than my previous schedule in Minnesota of leaving the house at 6:30 and coming home at 5:30 (1 hour of transit and 10 hour days versus 4 minutes of transit and 8 hour days). On the down side, my boss doesn't seem to understand the concept of a lunch break. To her it means dishing up food, sitting and eating with the kids, and cleaning up after them. To me it means leaving the building and doing ANYTHING else besides being at work. I tried to communicate this to her, and she seemed concerned, but also basically said that wasn't an option just yet because we're understaffed. Still, I get about 45 minutes of alone time when she drops off the kids and I study some Korean or check Facebook. I've also decided that this would be a marvelous time to write in the blog so that I will actually get some things in here. Downside for this, I can't upload my pictures, but I can just do that when i get home on my next post.
Here I will be inserting pictures of my class of 5, videos of us bowling, and a funny picture of me wearing a bear hat.
Next, a recap of the weekly adventures in food. Yum. Last Monday I found a place that has the Korean BBQ Pork (Samgyeopsal) right by my house. I had made an adventure with my Korean co-teacher for a bit of language exchange and food and ended up having a ton of food, no language exchange, and a handful of Soju (what's new, right?)
Here is a picture of our delightful endevour:
On Tuesday, after a late night hustling people at cards I had some delicious street food. And yes, I'm kidding, I did no hustling, just major ass whooping at my first time playing Spades. My friend Jamie has organized a Tuesday cards night which just happens to be the best idea ever because I always enjoy an excuse to get out of the house after work. I will be going for round 3 tonight and probably hand out some more ass whoopins to those who deserve them. Anyways, back to the point, which is I spent like $3 bucks on a bag full of japjae (a delicious clear noodly dish wish sauce?) and a ton of random deep fried goodness. MMmmm. Then on Wednesday I went to ANOTHER BBQ place by my house that had straight up delicious ribs with bones and all! Except they already took the meat off the bones so it just hung on the edge, so convenient. Better than back home for sure, and like I said, it's right by my house! On the downside, you can't really get that food to go so I have to find friends to venture to my hood so I don't have to eat alone. The rest of the weeks food wasn't as great, I found pizza by my house that is so ungodly greasy, yet so absolutely essential on a Sunday afternoon for like $7 so that was nice. Hit up the Indian place YET AGAIN, I'm sure the worker will begin to recognize me, and as always indulged in the nectar of the Gods: Fruit Soju.
I also headed out on a shopping adventure, or should I say assisted in a shopping adventure because I'm gonna be broke soon (they don't pay me until the 21st). It was fairly depressing knowing that I will never be able to fit into any of the cute Korean clothes even if I became a twig because they're still too short! On the plus side I found places for massive amounts of makeup, earrings, and other cute accessories on the cheap. I'll just have to learn to work with what I have here!
I'm gonna post now, pictures and videos to be added soon!

Comments
No response to “So I'm already failing at blogging.”
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment |
Post a Comment