Once I was at the Japanese Airport I was so confused as to what time it was, I'm assuming it was late, all I know is that I was tired and hungry. I went to a little restaurant that had a smoking lounge, had some gyoza, Sapporo beer, and a few cigs and met some other travelers. They were on business there getting shwasted and were very intrigued by my journeys, which was cool to talk about. Then I got on my flight over to Korea and slept like a baby the entire way through (it was only 3 hours). The flight attendants were super cute and spoke English, Korean, and Japanese!
Now, here comes the shitty part. I missed the last bus to Gwangju because I arrived at 11:30pm. So, I had to spend the night sleeping terribly on benches in the Airport.. and it was cold! I woke up around 5am (assuming I ever REALLY slept that night) and tried to look decent. I took the 6am bus out of Incheon Aiport to Gwangju and met a really nice Korean boy that lived in New Zealand for 4 years and was just coming home to Gwangju now. He helped me somehow lug my giant suitcases into the bus and smoked with me during our one stop. I slept a little on the bus, it was about 4 hours, but it was just hard.
Finally I arrived at the bus station and I met my recruiter, Lucy, and her British boyfriend, Chris. Seriously, I don't know what I would have done without that girl yesterday. She took me to lunch, we went shopping and got some essentials, and she helped me out with some essential Korean words and customs. My director ended up meeting us a few hours later with my new co-teacher. Also very sweet but not nearly as fluent in English as Lucy so it was a bit hard to communicate at first. They took me to my apartment, which is literally a shoebox, but it's all mine, it comes fully equipped with a bed as well!!!!! Seriously a beautiful sight after the last few days of traveling. Anyways, I finally showered and got situated and had to go to dinner to meet my other Korean teachers. We had Chinese food and it was damn delicious. Nothing like the Chinese food at home. It actually kind of reminded me more of Japanese food. Anyways, everyone was super sweet and so excited to meet me and it made me feel so good. I was supposed to get internet hooked up after that, but the dude never came, so I finally got some rest (12 hours to be exact).
Yes, I know this is long and mundane but my parents read this too so I have to keep them updated. Plus, I couldn't call them until a few hours ago so now they know the scoop.
And now for the rundown this morning. I went to the school, met up with the director again and we did a little more shopping, took some pictures of the school, and got my internet hooked up, and here I am! So, without further adieu, here are some visuals of this crazy adventure:
First, my school - it's super cute!
Or not.. I can't figure out how to upload on Youtube yet and I have to go get my phone soon. Oh, FYI, my washing machine just stopped and it sang a jingle to me for like a minute when it was done, kind of like a cell phone ring. Peaceout kids!

Comments
No response to “MoJo's in SoKo... FINALLY!”
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment |
Post a Comment